Welcome to the Superannuation Lawyers’ Conference 2022
The Superannuation Committee of the Legal Practice Section of the Law Council of Australia is delighted to present its 34th annual superannuation law conference at the Hotel Realm Canberra on 10 and 11 March 2022.
Despite taking place in 2018, the industry continues to feel the effects of the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry and subsequent extensive legislative reforms flowing from it, and so the 2022 conference is appropriately themed the ‘Aftershocks!’.
Topics the conference will look at include:
- the impact of the new ‘best financial interests’ covenant;
- the operation of the Financial Accountability Regime (FAR) bill;
- issues arising out of super fund mergers;
- financial resilience of trustees;
- the latest developments surrounding civil and regulatory disputes
- the new breach reporting requirements; and
- the workings of the annual performance test regime.
We are pleased to again have speakers from APRA and ASIC discussing issues that are current priorities for them including a live chat in which Margaret Cole will share her views.
Other topics include: the future of the advice model in super; and the case law update session.
We also look forward to announcing the winner of our annual New Superannuation Lawyer’s Award, so please encourage any lawyers who are new to superannuation law to enter for their chance to attend the conference for free.
Please join us for the Networking Function on the evening of Thursday, 10 March 2022.